STAT 220: Basic Statistics
The Pennsylvania State University, Spring 2003
This course is designed for students intending to major in
statistics. The course will treat four main topics:
- Descriptive and graphical methods for analyzing data.
- Statistical experimental design, the art and science of producing
reliable statistical data.
- Probability theory, for analyzing randomness.
- Statistical inference, the art of drawing statistically significant conclusions from data.
- Donald Richards, Instructor
- Class: MWF 9:05-9:55 p.m., 220 Thomas Building
- Office: 311 Thomas Building
- Office Hours: MW 2:00-3:00 p.m., or by appointment
- Phone: 865-3993
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bing Han, Teaching Assistant
- Office: 418 Thomas Building
- Office Hours: T 9:30-10:30 a.m., R 10:30-11:30 a.m., or by appointment
- Phone: 865-3230
- E-mail: email@example.com