Creating residual plots
- Select Stat >> Regression >> Regression...
- Specify the response and the predictor(s).
- Under Graphs...
- Under Residuals for Plots, select either Regular
- Under Residuals Plots, select the desired
types of residual plots. If you want to create a residuals vs.
predictor plot, specify the predictor variable in the box labeled
Residuals versus the variables.
- Select OK.
- Select OK. The standard regression output will appear
in the session window, and the residual plots will appear in new
The data set bluegills.txt
contains the lengths (in mm) and ages (in years) of n = 78
bluegill fish. Treating y = length as the response and x
= age as the predictor, request a normal plot of the standardized residuals
and a standardized residuals vs. fits plot.
Minitab dialog box