Extra credit opportunity
Due: 3:35pm on Friday, Mar. 18
You will receive one extra credit point for
extra credit opportunity
if I receive the
correct answer to the main question
below before the due time.
- In a new email, type
in the subject line.
- In the text of the email, answer the main question below.
- Make sure your name appears somewhere in the email.
- Send the email to
before the due time above.
Here is a puzzle related to
sample exam 2.
The answer to each of the following five questions
is a number (problem numbers refer to
sample exam 2):
Round each answer to the nearest integer.
integer to a letter using the formula A=1, B=2, etc. Then
unscramble the letters to form a five-letter
word related to odds and risk
that we have seen in class.
- In Problem #1, what is the predicted handspan, in centimeters,
for an individual 60 inches tall?
- In Problems #4 through 6, suppose all of the counts were multiplied
by 7. What would be the new value of the chi-squared statistic?
- In Problem #7, what is the numerical value of the
correlation between x and y?
- In Problem #9, what is the false negative rate, expressed as a percentage?
(In other words, what is 100 times the false negative rate?)
- In Problem #10, suppose we replace .3 by .045 in the statement of the
problem. What is the new answer to the problem, expressed as a percentage?
Your main question is this: What is the word?